Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Closet Therapy Part II

After I posted about my newly organized closet, I realized I never explained the details of the small changes I made that created a BIG difference! I figured I would share, especially for those who really want to "love" their closet.
Tip #1 Color coordinate :

I love to keep my tops color coordinated. This helps because I can easily find the right color that I am looking for and it motivates me keep my closet organized and neat.


 Tip #2 Have all the hangers MATCH:

You wouldn't believe the difference this will make! I prefer wooden hangers.  A lot of people think they are too expensive but trust me, I didn't just go out and buy 100 wooden hangers! I waited till I had coupons at Bed, Bath and Beyond and always checked T J Maxx / Marshalls. Worth the investment.


Tip #3 : Use decorative bins or baskets: 
If you have a closet without drawers I think these are essential to making your closet look organized and feel clutter free. Go ahead, buy the ones you really want so you can get excited about organizing your closet!



Tip #4 Keep shoe boxes: 
We would all love to be able to have a beautiful built-in shoe rack that we could keep every shoe we own out for display ... but unfortunately is it rare that we can all be so lucky. I always keep my nice shoe boxes.  It's great to store boots and shoes that are worn rarely.


Tip #5 Save gift boxes
I keep the nice gift boxes for another less expensive way to organize. I store scarfs, shape-wear and belts in these. 



Tip# 6 Work with the space you have

If you don't have the option to expand the size of your closet, work with the space you have! Every time I move, I thankfully have gotten a larger closet and  I think how did I ever have a closet smaller than this?  I just made it work and learned to improvise.

Happy Organizing!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment