Monday, April 29, 2013

Old Treasures, New Memories

When my grandmother passed away my family went through the house and everyone got a chance to pick some things from the house that we would like to bring into our own home. This piece below was something my grandmother had in the breakfast room when my dad was growing up. I loved it but I needed to update the look to go along with my new kitchen. I know my grandmother wouldn't mind a bit that I painted it because she repainted furniture all the time.  I think she would be proud of how it looks now and to know that it will always have a place in my breakfast room.

I used Annie Sloan paint and added new knobs from Hobby Lobby.
For more information about Annie Sloan paint see my  blog "Duck Egg Blue Annie Sloan Cabinet "

(google reader is going away. follow me on bloglovin to stay updated!)

Thanks for stopping by! 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment